[TriLUG] Fwd: [Dulug] bad news (if this thing is still on)

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Tue Jul 9 21:53:13 EDT 2013

De-lurking to re-iterate the same feeling :(

For those who aren't aware, Seth Vidal was the author of "yum" - the Red
Hat Linux tool for package updates, and one of the stalwarts behind the
Duke University LUG in its early days.  He had contributed "yum" as a
Linux user, and it was liked by Red Hat enough that it was included in
the distribution as standard.  Later he was hired as a software engineer
there.  I only met him a few times but my thoughts go to his family and
friends.

--Jeremy