[TriLUG] August TA3M and ownCloud Installfest

Sean Alexandre sean at alexan.org
Sun Jul 28 06:25:04 EDT 2013

You're invited to the August TA3M in Durham! This month we'll be looking at
cloud storage applications that let you host your own file storage services
without relying on 3rd party providers. We'll look at all the cloud storage
applications listed in prism-break.org [1], with a focus on ownCloud [2].

Then the following Saturday we'll be having an installfest for anyone
interested in installing ownCloud on their own Linux box. PIZZA will be
provided! Join us whatever your interest level! In addition to installing
ownCloud, we'll be looking at: Linux server administration, how to lock down
and secure a server, and how to use Puppet [3] to bring a machine from a fresh
install to fully configured in minutes.

WHAT: TA3M in Durham [4, 5]
WHEN: Monday August 19th from 7pm 'till 9pm
WHERE: SplatSpace [6]
TOPIC: Cloud Storage Applications

WHAT: ownCloud Installfest
WHEN: Saturday August 24th from 10 am 'till ?
WHERE: SplatSpace [6]

[1] https://prism-break.org/#cloud-storage
[2] https://owncloud.org/
[3] http://www.puppetlabs.com/