[TriLUG] Open source presentation frameworks?

Danny 316danny at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 15:14:43 EDT 2013

I've been preparing a slideshow presentation on an open source topic,
and naturally, wanted to make the slides themselves as cross-platform
and open source as possible. Having put off researching the platform a
bit, I'm surprised now by just how many options are out there - it
looks like I should be using HTML slides to meet my cross-platform
requirement, but even there, a quick search of GitHub reveals
thousands of options for javascript and CSS frameworks. I'd like to be
able to present without the need for an internet connection, but that
still leaves more options than I have time to look through.

Is there a particular framework for giving open-source, slide-based
presentations that anyone here would recommend?

Thanks,
Dan

PS: Yes, the finished slides will be available for TriLUG, FOSSFair,
etc before long