[TriLUG] Open source presentation frameworks?

porter porter at trilug.org
Wed Jul 31 11:25:07 EDT 2013

> So one extra step regardless of distro:
> sudo easy_install pip
> Then
> sudo pip install landslide

I've noticed recently a trend where I look up how to install some
new package, and they say "it's easy, just one line!".

$ someInstallerIveNeverHeardOf install thePackage

Then comes the secondary problem... what did that actually do?
If my system dies and I have to rebuild it, will I ever be able
to find all of that stuff again?  (On my Debian based systems,
I have a cron job that dumps a list of all installed packages,
but I'd be skipping the pip packages and easy_install packages
and others... so I suppose I'll need similar methods to dump
those, too).

Thanks for posting about pip and easy_install... there's a lot
to learn.

Alan