[TriLUG] OT: Getting Bulky Connectors Through Walls

John Mitchell john280z at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 10:22:51 EDT 2013

   Well, if this was for me, I would make an adaptor(actually two of them)
and run the 'power' over the four unused Ethernet wires.
(two wires for Positive, two wires for Negative). Note that this is NOT
true Power-over-Ethernet but it works quite well.
   Then you only need a hole large enough to run Ethernet cable through and
after pushing the cable out, crimp on an RJ-45 and plug into the adaptors.

johnm