[TriLUG] Raspberry Pi Camera Board and Motion

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 21:35:09 EDT 2013

There has been some talk about the R. Pi and the related camera board and
motion in the past and I got it working so I thought I'd send the links
over to Trilug in case anyone else wants to do the same.  This particular
project will end up being an Internet connected peephole in my front door
that will (eventually) watch for Amazon deliveries, perhaps do facial
recognition, who knows.  Right now it's just the very basics working.
 Wireless configuration was via "wpa_cli" which was so much easier than
doing wpa_supplicant by hand.  This particular Pi is a model B.

Greg

(from the motion list)

Hey all.  I just wanted to report back that I have successfully made motion
to work using the Raspberri Pi camera board and the instructions in the
thread Joe Carter provided did work.  This Raspberry Pi was pretty much
right out of the box, no other software was installed.  I had to install
two packages to satisfy dependancies (see below) but that was it.  Now to
figure out how to mount this thing to the back of the door and have the
camera in a peephole.

Original link: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=44966

Other software I had to install before motion would run.

   71  sudo apt-get install libjpeg62
   89  sudo apt-get install libmysqlclient18
   95  sudo apt-get install libpq5