[TriLUG] Backup Win7 to Linux

Ron Kelley rkelleyrtp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 12:35:16 EDT 2013

If you find the ownCloud software lacking in performance, take a look at
Seafile.  It has a much more robust synching engine (I believe it is based
upon a GIT repository) but it does not have as many features as ownCloud.
 It is more secure since the files are stored as objects on the server
instead of a traditional filesystem layout.  http://seafile.com

I was torn between the two for a while, but essentially landed on ownCloud
because SeaFile uses non-standard ports for communication (and, our company
firewall does not allow those ports).  If you control your own firewall
(or, if you use this internally), SeaFile makes for a very good file
synching utility.