[TriLUG] Late night IPv6

Igor Partola igor at igorpartola.com
Wed Aug 28 16:13:42 EDT 2013

I have had pretty good luck with SixXS, though I read all the docs
thoroughly which was painful. They have this weird thing about
gaining/losing credits which can get you into trouble. The way I got
around that is by only using AYIYA tunnels which do not lose credits,
only gain if they are up and running.

I have a backup tunnel from my home network (normally I use HE's
Tunnel Broker), which has gained me a bunch of points so far. Yes, my
IPv6 connectivity is multi-homed, though it's all going through the same
IPv4 link so it's less exciting than it sounds. It also created a whole
lot of very interesting problems for me with how routes are set up, so
unless you are doing this for research purposes I do not recommend it.

Igor