[TriLUG] Experience with clustered file-sharing solutions for CentOS

Ron Kelley rkelleyrtp at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 08:19:51 EDT 2013

Greeting all,

I have been doing some research on a cluster file sharing solution for CentOS and was looking for other real-world experiences.  Our team is building a WordPress environment and need a highly available storage solution to host the web sites as well as the MySQL databases.  We will have many front-end web servers that connect to a clustered MySQL database, and both the web servers and cluster database servers will mount directories from the HA file servers.  The solution needs to support multiple storage nodes that have mirrored data pools between them.  I have looked at DRBD but have experienced too many issues with it to use for production.

Can anyone recommend a solution for this based upon personal experience?

Thanks,

-Ron