[TriLUG] Cloud Camp 2013 @ Inmar

John Wheeler jwheeler at etherealfringe.com
Thu Oct 24 11:08:15 EDT 2013

Hey LUG,

Inmar will be hosting a Cloud Camp event in Winston-Salem on December 5th. If you haven't attended one before, these events are focused on discussion of shared experience and best practices for running public and hybrid cloud environments.

Inmar has been running our SaaS applications on cloud infrastructure for a few years and we are excited to offer some practical perspectives that we have developed in the process. Just as importantly, we are looking to the community for insight, feedback and collaboration in hopes of fostering a mature ecosystem for cloud platform development in North Carolina.

We are looking for community members who would like to give 15, 30, or 45 minute talks on IaaS, DevOps, Business tactics, or whatever you've got that you want to share really, as it relates to leveraging Cloud technologies as a tool to accelerate personal and business development.

Apart from the talks we will have breakout sessions and panel discussions on whatever topics float to the top, sort of unconference style. While there will undoubtedly be some vendor presence, being an open conference, this is not a vendor show. We are really looking to focus on real world business acumen and experience from the folks in NC who live the challenges of Infrastructure Development.

We are working to solidify the topic list as soon as possible for scheduling reasons. If you have a topic and would like to contribute content to this event, please reach out to me directly with a topic title and a short abstract: john.wheeler at inmar.com

All submissions welcome, the only requirement being a passion for technology and resilient computing.

I invite you all to join us in December and promise to follow up with a more detailed announcement as our schedule becomes more solidified over the next couple of weeks.

Hope to see you there,

John Wheeler
Platform Architect
Digital Promotions Network, Inmar Inc