[TriLUG] Lenovo i5 / SSD laptop bargain

David Burton ncdave4life at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 12:48:45 EDT 2013

I ran arcross this today, and it occurred to me that someone on this list
might be interested in it. 1sale.com is selling a refurbished Lenovo 14"
T410-2522BF3 with i5-540M CPU, 128 GB SSD, and NVIDIA NVS 3100M graphics
controller for $320.

http://1sale.com/electronics/computers-tablets/t410-2522bf3/?ET_CID=1279&ET_RID=795670&ET_UID=%201001834831&utm_source=et&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=m20131025

This model was a $1900 laptop ~3 years ago. It's i5-540M has a passmark
score of 2366 (roughly equivalent to a modern i3).

So what's wrong with it? Mainly, it comes with Windows XP, instead of the
Windows 7 that was usually installed on these machines. But if you were
going to wipe it and install Linux, that wouldn't matter.

Here are some reviews for similar models:

http://www.cnet.com/laptops/lenovo-thinkpad-t410-2522/4505-3121_7-33950866.html
http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=5525&review=lenovo+thinkpad+t410

The sale ends at midnight, of course.