[TriLUG] U-Verse for us

Brian McCullough bdmc at buadh-brath.com
Fri Nov 1 11:28:47 EDT 2013

Folks,

My AT&T store has been trying to pursuade me to change from my old DSL
and POTS line, to U-Verse for Internet and Phone, for "less."

Well, it is less for the first year, but they forgot to include the
static IP address that I currently have, and want to charge my $15 per
month for that, so that will make it much more than I am currently
paying, after the year.

In any case, the question has to do with other people's experiences with
this service, particularly for a Linux user with servers running on the
DSL line, and your own suggestions on this subject.

Thanks,
Brian