[TriLUG] December 12 Meeting: Holiday Demo Party (at SplatSpace)

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Thu Nov 21 10:24:11 EST 2013

On Thu, 21 Nov 2013, William Chandler wrote:

> Request: With all the buzz around bitcoin, I would greatly appreciate
> someone demoing it.

we could generate a bitcoin and donate it to TriLUG. Looking at

http://deepflash.blogspot.com/2011/09/bitcoin-mining.html

and running an ATI Radeon 6770M it will only take 29 months. We could present
the bitcoin to TriLUG at the Dec meeting in 2016. (I believe currently it costs
more in electricityand equipt depreciation than a bitcoin is worth. Howwever if
bitcoins appreciate, TriLUG will make out.)

Joe