[TriLUG] Off Topic but is there an Alternative to youtube

Sean Alexandre sean at alexan.org
Thu Nov 21 15:51:05 EST 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 03:24:34PM -0500, Chris Merrill wrote:
> On 11/21/2013 12:25 PM, Sean Alexandre wrote:
> > Although, with Vimeo [1] you're still being analyzed by Google [2].
> >
> > [1] FIREFOXERS AND CHROMERS still CAN'T SEARCH ON VIMEO with out disabling privacy protections??
> >     http://vimeo.com/forums/topic:108219
>
> I had no problem searching Vimeo using Chrome's incognito mode.
>
> ??

I don't believe Chrome's incognito mode blocks Google Analytics, so although,
for example, regular cookies may not saved between sessions, you're potentially
still being tracked; e.g. through browser profiling [1].

Better to use a website that doesn't use Google Analytics, or turn JavaScript off.

[1] https://panopticlick.eff.org/