[TriLUG] webcam on a stick?

Phil Smith mazphil57 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 25 05:48:55 EST 2013

Someone good with drywall can easily make a large opening in the wall for you and then repair it very cleanly (it's called a "pumpkin patch", like the way the lid of a jack-o-lantern fits on a carved pumpkin) -- this could be written in as part of the inspection process, with the purchase contract contingent on not finding code violations behind the wall.

You can also require the seller to purchase a 1-year home warranty (which only the seller can do), even if you provide the funds for the policy.  If you make a claim against the policy, say after finding creative building behind this wall, and the seller has not disclosed this in the insurance application, the insurance company will pursue an insurance fraud case against the seller which will work much better than you personally trying to sue the seller directly for omissions in the general disclosure form, due to NC's contributory negligence tort laws.  Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, just repeating advice I read once about how to purchase suspicious homes.