[TriLUG] best home router for voip prioritization

Carl Crider c.crider at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 11:42:19 EST 2013

I've been happy with a Link system e3000 dual-band setup. This runs out to
a Netgear 1Gb switch for my ethernet connected systems (media server, work
machine, PC, MinixNeo-x7). The dual-band has separate SSID's ; with the
5Ghz band maxed for streaming out to the laptops and HTPC. I can enable WPS
for visitors, etc. The 2.4 band is for phones, and the printer.
The firmware does not have a ton of options, like a custom OS would.  Port
forwarding, DNS control, and remote are all there and work well.
I used to run Voyage through this router without any echo or stuttering.