[TriLUG] Need some help parsing a file

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 31 08:40:27 EST 2013

>To me the chief lesson from this thread is how a bunch of skilled
>programmers can have so much variance in their interpretation of the
>requirements.

I will add to to your comment. I love that everyone has a different solution with the skills that they are used to using. This is how I learn from this group. Quite a few of us actually did not have an interpretation, we were just wrong on the requirement. Add me to that list.

BTW - +1 on tr as another great minimal/legacy unix command that comes in handy.