[TriLUG] Need some help parsing a file

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 2 08:56:04 EST 2014

> spaces are strictly forbidden* in URLs.

I am glad you pointed out that spaces are used in URL's quite often unfortunately. And for those that have ever tried to deal with browser compatibility and spaces in URL's feels the pain of spaces in file names. Everything is so much easier if spaces are avoided. Not impossible but much easier.

I cannot say why MediaWiki developers made it work that way, but just making an observation. I happen to agree with their method too.

John Vaughters