[TriLUG] OT: Inexpensive Wireless Headphones

Scott Chilcote scottchilcote at att.net
Mon Jan 6 10:50:19 EST 2014

On 01/06/2014 10:35 AM, Scott Thomas wrote:

> Does anyone know of a decent set of wireless headphones that don't cost an arm and a leg? I have a pair of old-school 900MHz Acoustic Research headphones that I use at home, but they have a lot of noise and clicking from interference. I figure a pair of bluetooth headphones might take care of that, but I don't know any that are affordable. Anyone know of any?
>
> Scott

Hi Scott,

I don't know whether you can support bluetooth, but I am using the first
version of these headphones.  They are light, good sounding, relatively
inexpensive, and can switch between high fidelity stereo and low-fi
microphone headset modes.

http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-HALO2-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headset/dp/B005PUZO92

The one feature that I think needs improvement is that they turn on and
off by folding the headset.  I think that this will eventually wear out
the hinge mechanism, and the product reviewers seem to agree.  But I
have been using them (carefully) for a couple of hears, and they are
holding up so far.

   Scott C.

--
Scott Chilcote