[TriLUG] Choosing a new home computer

Chris Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Mon Jan 6 12:53:30 EST 2014

On 1/6/2014 11:23 AM, Zac Durham wrote:
> I have been looking at similar devices the past couple weeks. While I'm
> excited to discover the cubox I'm equally concerned there are others, yet,
> that I might be overlooking. Dewey, were there others you were looking at
> before settling on the cubox? What were the deciding factors?

I'm also curious to hear about other options. The cubox looks like it'll
fit the bill for what I need - which is a light-duty mail / web / media
server.

But I'll also need a NAS-like device for storing media and as a backup
target for our other PCs. Preferably with RAID and power-optimizing
idle-drive-shutdown features.

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Web Performance: Website Load Testing Software & Services