[TriLUG] a python question

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 20:20:40 EST 2014

Hey all.  The system in question is a Raspberry Pi model B running
Raspbian.  When running commands in Python I would very much like to track
the time it takes each command to complete.

Right now the commands are all separate files executed by via launched
shells but once all the command complete I will have one big python script
with all the commands contained within.

I don't want to know how long it takes *ALL* the commands to run, I want to
know how long it takes *EACH* command to run once they are all in one
script.  I want to capture that data and stuff it in a database for later
use.  I can't use epoch time because frequently commands complete in under
one second.

Is there a straight-forward way to accomplish this?

Greg