[TriLUG] [OT] Strange Beep from Back-UPS XS 1200

Brian Weaver cmdrclueless at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 10:24:11 EST 2014

I really should take an audio sample of the beep. Honestly it's **not** a
beep from the alarm element on the system's board; if it is then it's
likely induced via EMF. You'd have to hear it to understand. A "beep" is
the closet thing I could think to call it. I really sounds like an element
on the board charging and discharging at a regular rate. The battery
appears to be solid and worked just fine during the last outage.

I guess I should run the "self check" on the darn thing and find out if the
batteries are bad. I've got about 6 or more UPSs in the house. Let me just
say when they do have a battery failure it's not some faint beep, but a
full on assult on the ears. I just recenetly replaced the batteries in two
smaller units within the last 1/2 year due to battery failures.

-- Brian

--

/* insert witty comment here */