[TriLUG] [OT] Strange Beep from Back-UPS XS 1200

Steve Pinkham steve.pinkham at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 13:59:54 EST 2014

On 01/22/2014 01:49 PM, Chris Merrill wrote:
> On 1/22/2014 12:31 PM, David Burton wrote:
>> BatteriesPlus if money is no object.  But I got my replacement UPS
>> batteries a lot cheaper at gruber.com
>
> What do you do with your old batteries? From what I can see, Gruber
> does not have a recycling option included in their price. Apples-to-
> apples and all that.

Lead-acid Batteries are probably the easiest hazardous waste to dispose
of, as recyclers will actually pay good money for them. Wake recycling
centers take old batteries.  Walmart and Sears have a declared policy of
taking any battery, and any autoparts store will usually take them.

--
 | Steven Pinkham, Security Consultant    |
 | http://www.mavensecurity.com           |