[TriLUG] [OT] Strange Beep from Back-UPS XS 1200

Chris Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Wed Jan 22 14:57:12 EST 2014

On 1/22/2014 2:36 PM, Steve Pinkham wrote:
> Batteries+ isn't a bad option, but the travel time argument for it being
> better is a silly way to try to justify it.

It's not silly at all, depending on the value of your time and the location
of Batteries+.  I drive past one every day - it takes the less time for me
to drop in on the way back from lunch and exchange batteries than it does
to make an online purchase and recycle the old one.

I'm not saying that calculation will be the same for everyone, but the
$30 battery option provided had no mention of the $15 shipping cost. One
could easily say it is silly to justify buying online without including
the shipping cost, particularly when it adds 75% to the cost of the item.

Chris

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Web Performance: Website Load Testing Software & Services