[TriLUG] Win7 & virtual machines

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Thu Feb 6 09:00:33 EST 2014

I did this a while back. One thing you can do is use the " c:\"
partition as the boot disk for a VirtualBox VM. I haven't done it in a
couple of years, but I know it can be done. Once you do that, create a
second drive for the VM of equal or larger size and boot the VM from a
linux boot iso. Then use the "dd" utility to copy the boot disk to the
second. Once that is complete, remove (don't delete) the boot disk from
the VM and boot from the new VM disk.

As for licensing, read the EULA. I believe it states any hardware
(including virtual hardware) requires 1 license per OS installed.

-Roy