[TriLUG] Radio Shack: was Old Dog In Need of New Trick - Digital TV Recording

Brian Henning bhenning at pineinst.com
Mon Feb 10 12:11:31 EST 2014

I don't doubt that hobby electronics is still a tough market in this area.
However, without changing their consumer-electronics aspects, I think
RadioShack could probably afford to cut their profit margins on discrete by
packaging more units per package.  Who seriously only needs one LED anyway?
Or couldn't use the other four if the $1.99 package was a five-pack?

Granted I obviously know nothing about RadioShack's financials.  Maybe a
$1.99 package worth $0.75 instead of $0.15 is enough to break that part of
the bank.  Their Arduino stuff seems to be pretty competitively priced,
anyway.

Also, given that DigiKey can have an order in my home mailbox two days after
I place it really means I can just wait, most of the time...

~B