[TriLUG] Name server

Igor Partola igor at igorpartola.com
Sun Feb 23 11:00:02 EST 2014

Thanks Kevin. I will definitely check out PowerDNS' Lua scripting. That
sounds really cool. In the meantime, if anyone wants to check out just the
stub resolver portion of this, it's here:
https://github.com/ipartola/pulpdns.

The other thing I am looking to gain by writing my own resolver is that I
can package it up nicely and make it self-contained. I want to be able to
just deploy this thing without having to configure it at all or at least
very minimally. Possibly forking and patching an existing name server such
as dnsmasq or PowerDNS would be a good way to do that. For now this is
really just a fun weekend experiment.

Igor