[TriLUG] OT Ethernet over Powerline

David Burton ncdave4life at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 22:38:35 EST 2014

They apparently work much better if all the units are on the same side of
the breaker box.

You can tell whether two outlets are on the same side of the breaker box by
dragging a long extension cord around the house, and using it with a
voltmeter to measure the voltage between the "hot" (small slot) sides of
the two outlets. If it's 220v, then the two outlets are on opposite sides
of the breaker box.

Dave