[TriLUG] OT: Local source for rare earth magnets?

Chris Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Thu Mar 13 08:21:32 EDT 2014

10-pack: 1/2" diameter x 1/8" thick   $14

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2081312/30046/Rare-Earth-Magnet-12-x-18-%28127mm-x-3mm%29-10pcs.aspx

There is a Woodcraft store on Glenwood near Millbrook/Duraleigh. You should call
to see if they stock this item in the store. In general, product quality at this
retail chain is very good, but I have not purchases magnets from them.

Chris

On 3/13/2014 12:18 AM, Charles Fischer wrote:
> This is related to Open Source.  I need a couple of rare earth magnets for
> OpenSprints hardware and GoldSprints software in order to run a bicycle
> roller race event on Thursday.  I can make due with some Radio Shack
> magnets, but they are not ideal.
>
> So does anybody have a local source for rare earth magnets about 0.5 inch
> diameter and 0.125 thick?  Size could be 75 to 200% of the stated diameter,
> but must be at least 0.100 thick and no more than 0.200 thick.
>
> If anybody want to watch or race, come to the Back Room (behind Cat's
> Cradle) a little before 7:00 on Thursday.  Racing costs $5.00, but it is
> free* to watch.
>
> Thanks,
> Charles Fischer
>

> * free as in no cover charge, but because NC has outdated and absurd laws
> about bars, if you are not a member of The Back Room you will need to buy a
> membership for $1.00.

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Web Performance: Website Load Testing Software & Services