[TriLUG] TWC "Existing Customer Promotion"

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 13:13:40 EDT 2014

>operate as monopolies

I work for utilites and TWC cable is nothing close to the definition of a Utility. This is reserved for businesses for which competition cannot easily occur.

Examples of Utilites:

 Electricity:  Is it feasible to have 2-3 companies run power lines to your house? Nope!
Water/Sewer: How many water mains pass your house? 1 right? Not feasible!

NOT Utility:

last I checked, I can buy Phone/TV/Internet from at least 3 sources.

I'd go so far to say that here in the Triangle, TWC is getting hit from all sides with competition.

You won't hear me say this often:

Looks like Gube'ment got it right on this policy. After all a broken clock is right twice a day.

John Vaughters