[TriLUG] Hit me with your best shot

Ken MacKenzie ken at mack-z.com
Fri Mar 14 14:24:42 EDT 2014

You now that you mention that is a big divide among laptop users. I mean in
the end it is portability plus power.  I personally will always go for real
work at  desktop station.  But I am sure there are many who choose to have
but one machine and in that case a desktop replacement laptop starts to
make a lot of sense. That is one of the reasons I even started this topic
as there are so many ways people view what a laptop should be/do that I
felt it best to get some outside perspective to really evaluate the true
capabilities of this machine.  Well actually the true usefulness.  I mean
capability is typically a concrete metric, not as much an abstract of
various use cases.

Ken