[TriLUG] Hit me with your best shot

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 17:50:38 EDT 2014

On 03/14/2014 10:41 AM, Ken MacKenzie wrote:
> I guess I need to try harder...  I am just trying the free demo because at
> this point I am not really wanting to pay for it.  I just don't game enough
> to justify it.  Again not something I want to do on my workplace's network
> but will try some more tonight to see what I can pull off.  I need to put
> together an email to sum up everything suggested and the pass fail list so
> far.
>
> A question though, for those that do game on linux, preferred distro?
Debian here. I'm running Jessie, and once it finally settled out from
the "upgrade" experience (which can be a brass knuckles experience) it
runs peachy. I did find that the Steam offerings which relied on wine
would refuse to run if you routinely use more than one monitor. Any
NATIVE Linux game runs just fine, even spread across 4 monitors. THAT is
hard core gaming! I spent the first money I've spent on software in a
LONG time and they were all lemons that needed Wine.

Steam has a policy that they will return your money once, if a game
isn't to your liking, After that, they keep your money no matter what.
:) Ric

/https://linuxcounter.net/cert/44256.png /