[TriLUG] AWK for titlecase?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sat Mar 15 22:13:32 EDT 2014

On Sat, 15 Mar 2014 21:28:12 -0400
Alan Porter <porter at trilug.org> wrote:

> > I'm converting tab-indented outlines to hierarchical HTML
>
> This almost sounds like a job for markdown (and a converter like
> maruku).
>
> - alan

You're absolutely right, Alan. Markdown, or YAML, or whatever. But...

By far the fastest thought assembly software on the planet is
VimOutliner, which I'm now trying to revive and offer under a different
name. VimOutliner's native format is a tab indented outline.

So, if there were something to author Markdown or YAML as fast as
VimOutliner authors tab indented outlines, I'd be all over it. But
nothing, and I mean nothing, authors as fast as VimOutliner, and that
means that when I use VimOutliner, I never lose my train of thought
switching between the subject matter and operating my outline.

Thanks,

SteveT