[TriLUG] NSA hunting and hacking sysadmins

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Fri Mar 21 12:58:32 EDT 2014

>> Try to avoid being 'that guy'.  :)
>
> Or if you're going to be "that guy",
> make sure they make it worth your while.

I am going to come right out and ask.  I have always taken comfort in the
open source nature of Linux and the responsiveness that thousands of eyes
upon the code brings.  While I realize it is not impregnable, I have to
question that if it is so easily for a 3rd party to fundamentally
compromise it and take covert ownership of it, how is it that the
vulnerabilities have not been discovered and addressed?  Or is it really
so easily compromised?