[TriLUG] looking for computer equipment donation location in Raleigh area

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 21:42:26 EDT 2014

On 03/23/2014 01:22 PM, Michael Coburn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have about 4 bins full of the following kinds of equipment.  I need
> to get them out of the house, and I don't expect $$ for it (but a tax
> receipt would be a nice-to-have).  Is there a location in the  general
> Raleigh area that would benefit from my donation?  Or someone on the
> list that wants to add to their own pile of computer equipment?

Our non-profit, communitysuccess.org will accept used equipment that
will benefit under-privileged people/kids. And, we can furnish you with
a tax receipt. I'm trying like MAD to get past the stinking router that
AT&T provides, as I have a Proxmox box running about 5 VM's and I need
the router to provide NAT to our 5 static IP addresses. I'm up here in
South Hill VA with a diabetic foot ulcer problem and the folks we have
down there in the Raleigh office aren't making headway with the
configuration. That switch might provide that??

We've tossed a bunch of P3's away as being pretty much unusable for
those who are computer challenged. But, I remember when I would have
killed for one to replace the 486!! Those P3's might be better suited
for a robotics class to use??

If anyone has an old NEC Spinwriter, let me know! Sometimes you REGRET
the things you have tossed! Hopefully I will be able to come down there,
with or without the foot, and visit! I miss the company of hackers and
geeks! Ric

/https://linuxcounter.net/cert/44256.png /