[TriLUG] docker hack day, April 5th

Jack Hill jackhill at jackhill.us
Sat Mar 29 08:49:31 EDT 2014

Thanks to Vincent Batts and his recent presentation, we have been exposed
to the many possibilities of lightweight containers and easy management
with docker. Instead of merely marveling at the possibilities, I would
like to try to use docker to accomplish some real world tasks so I can
better understand what types of problems I can use docker to solve. Let's
meet Saturday, April 5th at 9:15am EDT at Red Hat's Raleigh offices. We
can start by going through the quick start documentation and making sure
everyone can run docker on their machines. Then we can hack on projects
(e.g. a containerized email system) and share what we learn. If you have
other ideas you would like to explore, please share them here. If
possible, try installing docker
<http://docs.docker.io/en/latest/installation/> before arriving as that
will speed things along. This will be an hands on workshop, so please
bring a computer.

What: Docker Hack Day

When: Saturday, April 5th at 9:15am - 4:00pm EDT. Meet in lobby at 9:00.

Where: Red Hat, 100 E Davie St, Raleigh NC. Parking is free in the
building.

RSVP: Please write to me, jackhill at jackhill.us to let me know you're
coming (so you can get into the building), by 5:00pm on Thursday, April
3rd. (be careful when hitting "reply" as the trilug list rewrites

Best,
Jack
--
Jack Hill