[TriLUG] Heartbleed on my desktop?

Aaron Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Wed Apr 9 08:46:21 EDT 2014

I haven't dug deeply into it, but it does not seem far fetched to consider
a scenario where you use your desktop to connect to a compromised server
via a long-lived OpenSSL session (OpenVPN, IMAP client using NOTIFY,
possibly even a modestly-long-lived / tar-pitted HTTP/1.1 session), and
that server then uses the heartbeat messages back to the client to explore
the client process' address space.  Suffice to say that anything using
openssl should be upgraded.

Aaron S. Joyner