[TriLUG] Steering Committee Elections for May 8th Meeting

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Wed Apr 9 11:24:01 EDT 2014

Each year in May, TriLUG elects its steering committee.

We usually start the process in April with nominations... nominate
yourself or some other unsuspecting TriLUG member. You can do this by
sending an email to the main mailing list, or speak up at the April
meeting when we ask for nominations. We'll spend the month of April
smearing each other's reputations on the mailing list until there's
only a few thick-skinned suckers left. During the May meeting, the
survivors will be given the mic for a short stump speech and then
we'll vote.

Five lucky winners will serve for a one-year term. They'll be
responsible for planning the meetings, both in content and logistics.
And they'll deal with other issues as they arise: additional "hack
day" events, administrative stuff, maybe finding a new meeting room if
needed. The steering committee can recruit help from members, but
basically they make sure that Stuff Gets Done(tm). A detailed list of
"Stuff" can be found on last year's announcement here:

http://www.trilug.org/pipermail/trilug/Week-of-Mon-20110425/063511.html

Be thinking about whether you'd like to contribute to TriLUG by
serving on the steering committee. It's a good cause, and it's fun.

To vote in the elections or to serve on the committee, you will need
to be a TriLUG "member".  If you filled out a membership form at the
April meeting or before, you are all set. Voting will be performed by
paper ballot during the May meeting, and you must be present to vote.

Bill