[TriLUG] yum-utils and debian-goodies equivalents

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 14:08:47 EDT 2014

I was inspired by this post (thank you both):

  http://www.trilug.org/pipermail/trilug/Week-of-Mon-20140407/071319.html

I’m a fan of this idiom in yum-land:

  sudo package-cleanup --oldkernels --count=2

Running this after an upgrade/reboot makes sure I only have the last known-good kernel hanging around and not a growing pile that will eventually fill /boot and cause me grief.

Is there a package like debian-goodies that offers an equivalent in apt-get-ville? Are there other idioms that people like that make admin tasks easier, more repeatable, predictable, etc.?

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal Palmer
cmpalmer.org