[TriLUG] Running QuickBooks in Virtual Box

Keith Woodie kwoodie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 17:39:19 EDT 2014

I have a virtual box running windows 7 with Quickbooks.  I haven't had any
issues to date and use duplicati to do backups to amazon s3.  I also do
regular "quickbooks" data backup files from within the application itself
for my side business.  The application level backups go to a NAS drive.

I find it flexible enough and it allows me to avoid trying to do the round
peg into a square hole from a crossover perspective.  I have never had good
luck with running windows apps that way.  I would rather just keep things
simple and give those windoz programs what they want..... still running
Linux underneath :)

Keith Woodie