[TriLUG] Tools for tracking time / work on Linux platform

Brian McCullough bdmc at buadh-brath.com
Fri Apr 11 17:04:57 EDT 2014

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 04:21:30PM -0400, Robert Dale wrote:
> I've used project Hamster when working on multiple client projects.

Like Robert, I have been using Hamster, for quite a while now.  From
what I have seen, it is in most of the major repositories, so is easily
installed.

It is a bit inconvenient if you are using multiple machines in your
work, because it doesn't seem to be able to be used remotely.  On the
occasions where I am billing time away from my primary machine, I write
myself an e-mail message, recording the blocks of time involved and the
tasks being performed, and then record it later when I return "home."

When I have been on a trip, I have copied the Hamster database into the
laptop, recorded the time while I was travelling, and then copied the
database back into the primary machine for reporting.

Brian