[TriLUG] seems to be fixed Re: Yahoo email change affects user's ability to use non-yahoo email lists

Alexey Toptygin alexeyt at freeshell.org
Sun Apr 13 15:23:45 EDT 2014

On Sun, 13 Apr 2014, Pete Soper wrote:

> I just created a Yahoo address, subscribed it to the embedded computing list,
> posted with it, and the message came through fine. I don't know if this means
> Mailman lists are not affected like Google lists, or whether Yahoo undid
> their policy change. Hopefully somebody on this list knows the current
> situation.

In order to see the problem, you need 2 yahoo addresses, one that sends to
the list and another that is getting list mail. AFAIK yahoo has not
reversed their policy. If you have a From header with @yahoo.com in it and
the mail is not coming from servers that match yahoo's SPF, yahoo will
reject it. What mailing lists can do is rewrite the From to the list
address, or drop it altogether.

 			Alexey