[TriLUG] Consultant Solicitation From RARSFest

Kevin Morris pircs at trilug.org
Sun Apr 20 16:22:23 EDT 2014

Group,

While volunteering this weekend for the TriLUG table at the RARSFest I was
approached by a gentlemen who was interested in a Linux consultant.  As
I do not normally consult independently I wanted to open the
solicitation up to the group. Please reply if you are interested and I
will pass his contact information to you off the board so the details of
consultation can be established. He briefly described his problem:

He has a PC that drives a CNC. It is currently operating on an OS with a
KDE desktop. He has an updated OS he needs to have on this PC but is
having problems installing. The PC was originally equipped with a CD-ROM
optical drive. He purchased a DVD-ROM drive to support the installation
from the DVD based installation media. He cannot boot the installation
media to install.

Cheers!