[TriLUG] Consultant Solicitation From RARSFest

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 22:01:37 EDT 2014

On 04/20/2014 04:22 PM, Kevin Morris wrote:
> Group,
>
> While volunteering this weekend for the TriLUG table at the RARSFest I
> was approached by a gentlemen who was interested in a Linux
> consultant.  As I do not normally consult independently I wanted to
> open the solicitation up to the group. Please reply if you are
> interested and I will pass his contact information to you off the
> board so the details of consultation can be established. He briefly
> described his problem:
>
> He has a PC that drives a CNC. It is currently operating on an OS with
> a KDE desktop. He has an updated OS he needs to have on this PC but is
> having problems installing. The PC was originally equipped with a
> CD-ROM optical drive. He purchased a DVD-ROM drive to support the
> installation from the DVD based installation media. He cannot boot the
> installation media to install.
>
> Cheers!
Here's a friend of mine who knows linux and CNC backwards and forwards:
Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com>
The man is a self-taught genius and does all sorts of fabrication using
his. Having the correct RT kernel is the biggy. He's also one heckuva
guy. He lives upstate  West Virginia. Ric

https://linuxcounter.net/cert/44256.png