[TriLUG] SC nomination

Hrivnak, Michael mhrivnak at hrivnak.org
Wed May 7 09:14:46 EDT 2014

I accept nomination for the steering committee. I've been the treasurer for
the past year and have done a lot of work to move us toward 501(c)3
nonprofit status. I hope to finish that process during the next term.

I hosted two events at the new Red Hat Tower, and I hope to do more of
that. A new part of the building opened recently that could be used for our
monthly meetings, so that is an option for TriLUG to consider. One way or
another, maintaining a connection between TriLUG and Red Hat is very
important to me.

Lastly, I think one of the best things a steering committee can do is find
great speakers for the monthly meetings. This year has been very successful
in that regard, and we already have several more great presentations lined
up for the next few months.

I won't be able to attend the meeting tomorrow night, but I would be happy
to be re-elected to the steering committee. I also appreciate everyone's
time in considering and voting on the new bylaws and articles of
incorporation.

Michael