[TriLUG] election results

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Mon May 12 20:24:54 EDT 2014

Congratulations to our new steering committee members, Brian
Gerard and Jack "Always the Bridesmaid" Hill.  We also welcome
back Barry Peddycord, Michael Hrivnak and Bill Farrow for
another term.

Since we had five nominees and five positions, we took an
administrative shortcut and elected them by acclamation.

When the new SC members meet, they will decide amongst themselves
which positions to take.

We did have one issue voted on by paper ballot, and that was
the acceptance of the new Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws.
The purpose for reworking these two documents was to define the
permanent stuff in a more permanent AoI document that is filed
with the NC Secretary of State, and move the more procedural
details that might change into the By-Laws, which are simply
voted on and published.

The acceptance of these two reworked documented passed by a
21-to-0 vote.  There were many more in attendance who did not
cast a ballot.

Alan Porter
2014 bearer of the ballots

.