[TriLUG] More on Laptops

Ken MacKenzie ken at mack-z.com
Fri May 16 09:41:49 EDT 2014

No problem, I really support the platform and where it is going.  I like
seeing a real viable consumer product that is not apple or ms and available
even on Walmart shelves (which is incidentally where I bought mine).  I do
not personally think they are for everyone, I would say the big miss for
them is power users who will be using a laptop as their only computer.
 However for the basic all they do is email and web users as well as users
who will be using it in conjunction with a desktop on their home network I
think it is an excellent platform.

To me it was the form factor plus excellent battery life that was a big
part of the equation.  Plus with crouton being able to have chromeos and
linux available without a reboot simultaneously was perfect, even though a
reboot takes less than 10 seconds.

Ken