[TriLUG] Video recordings of meetings

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Mon May 19 11:20:15 EDT 2014

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 10:16 AM, Bill Farrow <bill at arrowsreach.com> wrote:
> A small team of people are coalescing to make this better. We have
> started a wiki page to gather requirements and ideas. We need help
> with audio, video capture, etc. I'm sure there are members who have
> expertise in some of these areas, we just need to find them and ask
> them to help.
>   http://trilug.org/wiki/Streaming

Hey,
We have had some successes and some failures lately with the video
recordings. The Webcamstudio application looks very promising, and we
used it for the April meeting ( http://trilug.org/2014-04-10/ansible )
to do picture in picture.

The next step is to improve the quality of the projector capture for
slides and demos. We thought of using VNC or some other software
desktop capture application, but the practicality of setting this up
with the presenter just before the meeting is really bad.

We are currently investigating the Epiphan VGA2USB at $300 which has
Linux tools and support from Epiphan.

Does anyone have a VGA2USB or other VGA capture device that works
under Linux that we could borrow to evaluate ?

Bill