[TriLUG] Problems with Firefox v29

Scott G. Hall scott at hallcomm-inc.com
Mon May 19 11:03:48 EDT 2014

Anyone else having problems with Firefox lately?

Ever since the latest package update from Ubuntu (29.0+build1-0ubuntu0.12.04.2),
version 29 of Firefox, I've had performance problems.  There are severe memory
leaks, tons of window manager resources used (far more than the previous version).

My general usage pattern is to have 10 to 15 tabs open, and the only
addons/plugins I've added are TabMix-Plus; Mint Linux adds the DuckDuckGo search
plugin, IcedTea-Web, Gecko Media Player, Totem Player, Adobe Reader and Adobe
Shockwave.  This hasn't changed for the last several versions, but version 29 is
a drastic resource hog.

--
Scott G. Hall
Owner & Chief Engineer