[TriLUG] Growing OS cache in RAM causing high system CPU usage

Daniel Sterling sterling.daniel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 12:53:16 EDT 2014

To find out if it really is OS caches causing issues, you can cat
something in somewhere in proc to have linux drop all its caches. Umm
lemme google what that is

OK yeah run this to find out if the cache is really what's causing this:

while [[ 1 ]] ; do echo 1 | sudo tee /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches ; sleep 1 ; done

-- Dan